Valkyrie may collect Personal Data from you through the Website when you contact us through the Website’s contact links, including information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, or other information you choose to provide to us. This information is collected and stored electronically when you submit it to us.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to present our Website and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to communicate with you;
- for any other purpose with your consent; and
- as permitted under or required by applicable law.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may disclose your Personal Data to our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Website or assist us in providing functionality on the Website, provide data analysis and Website research, send out email updates about the Website, or remove repetitive information from our user lists.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may disclose Personal Data that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Data as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also disclose Personal Data as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain. We may also disclose Personal Data to other organizations such as government agencies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax reporting or under court order), or to other organizations and individuals with your consent (for example, to your attorney or tax professional).
- With our Affiliates. We may also disclose Personal Data to our affiliates, including Valkyrie Funds LLC, our affiliated SEC Registered Investment Adviser, in order to help perform and market services on our behalf to service you. More information about these affiliate relationships can be found in Valkyrie Funds LLC’s Form ADV Brochure and Part 2A which is available at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your Personal Data, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Valkyrie does not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
Security Used & Retention of Personal Data
Valkyrie uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Website and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of Personal Data, however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of Personal Data that you provide through the Website that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. No data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be always secure. Valkyrie will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
Links to External Websites
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Your Privacy Rights
Pursuant to various state laws, you may have the right, subject to certain limitations, to: (i) request access to Personal Data we hold about you; and (ii) request that we delete your Personal Data. You may also have the right request the categories of Personal Data we have collected about you, the categories of sources where we collected such Personal Data, the purpose for such collection, and the third parties (if any) to which we have disclosed such Personal Data.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We do not currently respond to those signals.
Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
The Website is intended for users in the United States. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our Website and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Data when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our Website, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to storage and processing of Personal Data on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
Questions and Changes in Information
Last Updated; Notification of Changes