Proof of Work and Proof of Stake
Jan 30, 2018
- Zilliqa is a new blockchain platform featuring a sharded architecture that is designed to scale in transaction rates and address the scalability limitation seen in some other blockchains.
- As the number of miners in Zilliqa increases, its transaction rates are expected to increase.
- Zilliqa aims to solve this problem through their sharding mechanism.
- Sharding is the process of dividing a network into smaller, faster, easier to manage parts called shards.
- "At Ethereum’s present network size of 30,000 miners, ZILLIQA would expect to process about a thousand times the transaction rates of Ethereum” (Zilliqa White Paper)